Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wash Your Fruits

Before you put any kind of fruits into your mouth, make sure you wash them first! My grandma has always told me to soak them in a bowl of water. Next, put a teaspoon of salt into the water and let it soak for 30 minutes or more (You can put as much as you like and you don't need to be exact 'cos I put alot too :P) Finally, wash your fruits like usual.


This was after the soaking process. This is a "clean" apple now.


This was the first time I ever encountered the ugly side of apples. I actually bought three apples. And what's more, I did soak those apples like what my grandma had told me. But my apple ended up looking like this........

I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I


White stain or white powder? Let's called it stain then.



Happy family - two of my apples have white stain on the skin after soaking them.


p/s: The apples looked fine when I just bought them - dark red apples, so juicy! Those white stain (most probably chemical spray) are to maintain the apples' quality and freshness. Otherwise, how could these juicy apples look so good all the time? Let me know if I am wrong!


WARNING:


1. Never ever eat your apples with the skin on it. Make sure you peel the fruits before you consume them. Even if you wash or soak them, the result might end up like what I have experienced! So, don't be lazy! Treat your stomach well if you don't want to end up going to the restroom for hours :P. (Try eating the apple's skin with the stain on and let me know if you end up NOT going to the restroom.)


p/p/s: I tried to remove the white stains with my fingers, but it couldn't be removed. How stubborn! Ohhh waitt....let me try again.....*scratching the apple* ok, you are right. It can be removed! :P


4 comments:

G√ľnter said...

where the apples came from? This could be not Austrian apples, they are always fine, clean and biologic.

At least, its enough when you wash apples shortly with water
Greetings from an appleland

Sue said...

these apples are produce of usa-washington! I was terrified when I saw those white stain or wtever you wanna call it.

austria=appleland? glad to know that!

lina said...

huh? after u soak it, the white stain came out? waseh,.. oh yeah, at walmart got a stuff, i dunno wat it call, it use for clean the fruit, as i remember, it place somewhr at BANANA n POTATO section! n E.Excel ( the product i told u jt now) they also got this kind of cleaning fruit liquid, very nice

Sue said...

after i soaked the apples, they look fine, then i put in fridge. when i wanna eat, i took out from fridge and i saw those stain