Sunday, August 24, 2008

Matters of Consequence

Alright i am back again but with no pics in this entry...

My connection speed is less than 50Kbps so you can imagine how hard it is for me to surf the net. But i am glad that i can still online and update my blog. It's really hard for me to think of what to write without posting pics for my blog entry.

I contacted some of my friends and they were surprised that i finally came back to where i belong. They even "scolded" me for not letting them know in advance that i am back. I guess there's no difference to me if i tell them earlier or later after all i am just lazy to go out...:P

I enjoy being at home watching cartoons, tv, having enough sleep and send out smses. I am currently reading The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery, a french writer who wrote this lovely book, and this is my favorite book of all time. I read this book over and over again and i never get bored of it. :P This book has only 90 pages and i'd like to inform you that this is NOT a children's book. (Same goes to cartoons. Cartoons are not only for children!!) This book is suitable for all ages and it talks about matters of consequence.

It also remind us of how grown-ups always focus on matters of consequence and always forget what is important in their life. In each planets the little prince visited, he meets with a king who is powerful and likes to command people, he encounters with a conceited man who only wants to hear praises from other men, a tippler who is ashamed of himself therefore he drinks to forget, he also meets with a businessman who is greedy and only wants to acquire more possessions and etc.

The author dedicated this book to Leon Werth and he mentions in the excerpt, "All grown-ups were once children - although few of them remember it." This sentence is meaningful to me and it makes me think a lot of my childhood memories and my future.

I like the fact that this book reminds me how i have changed to a grown-up and how i forget that i used to be a child. A child is naive and innocent. They don't think much to live their life. They enjoy talking, eating and jumping around just like my monkeys. When i see them so playful, i become happy. Take some time to reminisce your childhood even if you don't have the time.

As an adult, we think about work, money and relationship. No money no talk. What a pathetic world! Adult life is equivalent to material world. Agree???

p/s: Continue to read the little prince...bye!

No comments: